11 June 2012

The Cod Supper Club Revisited

I last blogged about my great old friend Martin Ren's Cod Supper Club over a year ago, and then a few months ago the place quietly closed down, as Martin hinted a change of location was in store. Martin loves to build, so I knew he'd be working on something new. And his builds are always humorously engaging, so when he announced about a few days ago that the new Cod Supper Club had opened its doors in the sim Plebeja I was delighted to visit.

As you might expect (if indeed you're the type to expect anything at all), it's a cozy little place, a one-room watering hole with ample seating, an intimate dance floor and a bar. Given at the moment there's a back door that opens out into space (this being a build in the sky), I suspect Martin's not quite done. But if you're into engaging, off the beaten path and occasionally esoteric conversation, plus hearing some totally obscure music (where Martin gets this stuff is beyond me, but it's awesome), then keep an eye out. It was quiet as I stopped by this evening, but I know I'll be visiting frequently.

3 comments:

  1. This one of Yak's favorite places in SL! We have such fond memories from the old club when we were first dating! We will definitely return to check out the new location! \0/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... Look!!! I'm in the picture!!! The two open pages in Nim's Flashman's book!!! Yak the crashed stoner LOL...
    Oh what a long time ago that was....
    I indeed will come see you again Mr. Ren, thr moment Dell has replaced my new super duper computer that turned out to be a lemon...
    It's due very soon...
    I've been stuck in First Life for too long...
    So nice to see that you did not forget me Martin !!!
    Red Beans and Ricely yours (as Pops used to say)...
    Yak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Hope you get over to see it, and that's funny about Nim's book. :) (And I see Nim around once in a while—we were chatting while she was visiting the Cod!)

    ReplyDelete