17 March 2013

Forest of Scissors

Forest of Scissors is an old build by Igor Ballyhoo, now long departed from Second Life, and I was surprised to discover this morning that it's still around at the UTSA ArtSpace sim (which I was surprised was still around, too, given an announcement back in 2011 that it was closing). And I assume that some of you, dear readers, might not have ever seen this place, since perhaps you entered this virtual world long after Igor left it.

I'm not sure how many pair of gargantuan scissors there are, but there are many and they're enormous, looking ready to snip and cut, all emerging malevolently from a spot overhead. I had fun playing with depth of field here, something not available to photographers when the build was first opened (click on images to zoom). If you're a non-human avatar, rock might be safer than paper.

5 comments:

  1. Igor is a big liar. He never left SL, and UTSA never closed as Igor is Rebeca too, you blond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SaveMe, I knew the moment I hit the "post" button that you'd be the very first person to reply. I'm rarely blond (only on alternate Tuesdays) and am probably smarter than I look. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I remember this build from...well ...ages ago! How cool it still exists! I will need to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some awesomely sinister stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Caitlin and Nathaniel! Glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete